In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Berwick Historical Society

Millet Wedgwood Home, Berwick, ca. 1880

Contributed by Berwick Historical Society
MMN Item 80831 Item Details
Millet Wedgwood Home, Berwick, ca. 1880
MMN Item 80831 Zoom

Description

This house, located on Sullivan Street, was originally built as Wedgwood Tavern in 1823 by Millet Wedgwood, at a time of increased economic activity in the town.

Winslow T. Ricker bought it in 1854 and ownership eventually passed to Carolyn (Ricker) Goodrich and Stanley Goodrich. It housed Goodrich Insurance Company from the mid-20th century to the early 2000s.

Note the little girl near the staircase with the over-sized bow on her head.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.